Monday, January 28, 2013

Abdomnioplasty

So, it's been a while since I have posted anything.  I have moved to Missouri and am establishing myself here as a trainer while working on my Master's. 

The reason I have decided to start blogging again is because after years of deliberation my husband and I have decided the time is right for me to get a tummy tuck or abdomnioplasty.  Why?  Well, no matter what I do, no matter my weight I carry around a flap of skin, that 'thing' as I typically refer to it.  I have in the last 2 years done CrossFit, power lifting, and MMA training and it didn't matter what I did or for how long the skin from my navel down sagged. 

So, with the down time I have here in Missouri I am going to take the opportunity to go under the knife.  I have seen two different plastic surgeons, one is St. Louis and one in Columbia.  Both said I was an ideal client and would be happy to help me out ($$$).  My second consultation is the one I have chosen to go with as she was so personable and didn't rush the appointment and her staff was beyond nice, even when I was standing naked except for my bra posing for my before pictures on a stool.  Which, ha ha taught me I do not want to pose naked in front of a camera EVER.  The doc in Columbia was significantly less expensive than the surgeon I saw in St. Louis, and was more thorough.  She had me lie down on the table and raise my head to engage the upper part of my abdominals and then lower my head and raise my legs to check my lower abs.  She was thrilled with the shape of my abdominal structure and even asked for my tips, to which I replied CrossFit, and LOTS of it!  Core stability for EVERYTHING!  So, after establishing that my core wasn't shredded as was implied by the first surgeon and that I didn't need lipo on the insides of my thighs as that WOULD NOT tighten my thighs but stood to make my skin looser it was determined I would need a Level 4 abdomnioplasty.  A level 4 entails no tightening of the abs, simply skin and fat removal and is a much quicker recovery to the tune of 3 weeks!

So, what am I doing now?  Hitting the gym hard, as hard as I can with a bum knee and burning the crap out of my legs and sweating it out.  I picked back up some of my fighting workouts and am incorporating some CrossFit and core specific exercises.  I'm doing this so I go in to the operation room in tip top shape.  I am going to do my measurements tomorrow and pics for you to see.  My goal is to follow this so that anyone who is contemplating this will have somewhere to go to see what the entire process entails.  I go in 2 weeks for my pre-op and considering I'm in tip top health hopefully that won't entail much.  And as of today surgery is scheduled for the 26th of February.  To say I'm not nervous would be a lie as I have never had surgery, other than for wisdom teeth and a DNC from a miscarriage years ago.  I'm thankful I have an amazing and strong husband who has encouraged this from the get go and is beside me the whole way. 

I'll keep you posted on what happens from now until I am fully recovered.

Here's to a tummy tuck/abdomnioplasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment