Monday, February 11, 2013

15 days and DRAINS

So, today makes 15 days to surgery and counting.  Today also makes 3 days to my pre-op and our first chunk of the payment.  I don't know what to expect at the pre-op, I've read some other blogs and some posts on what happens, but I'm just going to wait and see what my Doc has in store for me.

Drains, yes drains.

Maybe not quite like the image above, but....Something I had never contemplated having ON my body, however if I remember correctly I'll have two drains.  One on each side of the incision to drain the excess fluid that may build up.  That one word, drain, now educes a gag feeling for me.  The thought of having open HOLES in my body that DRAINS are coming out of really, really makes me feel ill.  I'm hoping it won't be that bad and I'm just reminding myself I am not the first person to do this.  I'll be fine.  Maybe it'll be like having catheters?  I've had those a few times in my life.  Maybe it'll be better? than that because I won't have the drain in my urethra.  Ha ha ha....just looking for positives here.

I killed it at the gym today.  15 minutes of bike intervals, 10 mins with high resistance on the Stairmaster, 500 m row, and a 20 minute WOD of double unders, shoulder to overhead, and knees to elbows followed by some isolated weighted core movements.

Time to do my assignments for class, that is if my wonderful newly 5 year old daughter will ever stop to take a breath and maybe not talk for a few minutes. 

Eat Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment