Friday, February 8, 2013

School of hard knocks

Try as I might I cannot seem to wrap my brain around the course I'm signed up for this 8 week term.  I should be totally into it, it's Motor Control and Learning, very applicable to what I do, right?  I sit down to read chapters 1 & 2 (which I have tried to do at least 5 times now) and it's like force feeding.  I cannot get in to it!  I haven't made it past the first few pages, I don't know why!  Common problem I guess for me really, struggling to get started but once I'm in I'm good to go.  I am really learning that without classroom instruction for me it is much tougher to get into the curriculum and I hate HATE HATE trying to understand people (ironically) by just reading flat black words that have been typed onto paper. Another problem is that there are not any schools close by that do instruction in a classroom, grrr.... Other problem?  I write like I speak...conversationally.  My husband who writes for a living is trying to help me to think and write 'scholarly', he calls it douche-ing it up.  Which, I loathe!  When I write I want me to come through, I do not think I should have to write to conform to a standard that appears to set me 'above' any other individual, but like so many other things in life it is all about appearances.  I need to just let it go.

So, I made homemade broccoli and cheese soup last night yet couldn't bring myself to eat it yesterday as I was still recovering from this stomach thing.  The soup however is what is on tap for dinner tonight, that and a salad.  Lot's of greens for dinner for everyone. 

Until tomorrow.

P.S. Here is the link to the soup, I did not make croutons and used whole milk instead of cream as that is what I had on hand.

Emeril's Broccoli and Cheese Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment