Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Sims 3

So, I DO NOT LIKE VIDEO games.  They annoy me.  Yes, I grew up with Nintendo (the original one) and I played it some as a child however, I feel like they are a HUGE waste of time and mindless.  The only video game that I ever remember enjoying is The Sims.  I haven't played it in years, probably since I had children.  But, I'm here to admit to having my husband pick me up a copy at Game Stop yesterday.  Why?  Well, frankly because the last few days being laid out with a stomach virus has taught me I don't do NOTHING well.  I will need something that can be a time suck to draw me in and distract me so I'm not considering getting up and moving around.

The doc told me the best thing I can do is to not move around too much.  What is too much?  Anything other than getting up for the restroom!  This lasts for about 3 weeks.  The reason you don't want to move too much is because you want the newly pulled down skin not to move back and forth too much causing swelling and more drainage and (gag, gag, gag, stomach turning) well, that's enough.  I signed on for this, I have wanted this for A LONG TIME and I have worked my butt off to get to where I am.  I know the results will totally be worth it, as I'm sure the pain for several days will keep me happily in my chair. 

So, against my better judgment I bought a video game for mind-numbing sitting on my arse time. 

Today is day 4 of this nasty virus and I would sure love to kick it.  My poor kiddo has been reduced to hanging out with the puppies.  I'm sure it could be a lot worse for her at least I am able to make her food now.

8 days to pre-op!

No comments:

Post a Comment