Tuesday, March 19, 2013

As I type I am watching Eat, Pray, Love.  One of my all time favorite easy reads and good girl movies.  Under the Tuscan Sun was yesterday.  I figure by the time I can NOT sit in this recliner I'll have seen all the movies I love and wanted to watch again.


One of my drain sites wasn't fully healed tonight and I didn't notice it until I went to the bathroom today and I looked down and noticed I had bloody seepage through my new pajamas.  I unhooked my girdle only to find the seepage looked like red tinged runny mayo..gag!  I had T get more gauze and triple-antibiotic ointment.  I doctored it up and then placed a call in to the on call plastic surgeon.  He called me back, quickly finding out he was one of the 7 year residents who pulled out my drain, the one who I said to "I have to be honest my first instinct was to punch you upside your head when you did that!" (cut the stitch to my drain pre-drain removal).  He kinda laughed, and I assured him I wouldn't hit him, just that was my gut instinct because it hurt so badly.  ANYWAY, he assured me the drainage was normal sans there wasn't skin color change around the site, and it didn't hurt or have a foul odor.  So, looks good.  Still seeping some this morning but I guess it has to go somewhere. 

I woke up with noticeable itching on the suture site.  Hopefully all the good food I'm downing and all the rest I am seriously adhereing to is going to propel me forward into being able to stand up straight in a few days. 

I have my next follow up on Thursday.  Until then 2 more days of sitting on my posterior chain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment